- Usually, insurance societies offer customers a level of flexibility in choosing the risks they will insure, by attaching supplementary coverage to the client’s choice or by providing several different coverage packages.
- Moreover, the customer has the possibility to choose the method of compensation in case of damage: the entire insured amount/the share of the insured amount in case of partial damage, or the coverage of hospitalisation costs in state owned or private clinics.
This insurance type generally covers the following accidents:
- Accidents that occurred as a consequence of traveling in a means of transportation (bicycles, motorcycles, cars, boats, etc.);
- Sunstroke, frostbite, heatstroke or collapse due to cold, from which the policyholder could not avoid due to the accident;
- Asphyxiation by breathing in gas/vapors and the consequences of accidental ingestion of toxic substances;;
- Burns, drowning, strikes, falling, punctures, cuts;
- Explosions, landslides and land collapses, lightning strikes, electrocution;
- Attack from another person or animal;
- Death caused by an acute infectious disease of a post-traumatic nature, rabies or tetanus;
- The immediate consequences of excessive physical effort, determined by major force causes;
- Accidents provoked by functioning machinery, equipment, tools or accidents caused by the action of weapons.