Unlike the mandatory household insurance (PAD), this policy covers both the building itself and the goods, as follows:
- The building intended for permanent or temporary housing;
- Other buildings: storage house, shed, stable, garage, stalls, water tanks, sauna, pool, fencing;
- The contents (other goods than the ones that are part of the building itself) such as: furniture, carpets and rugs, paintings, books, home appliances, electronic equipment, household objects, musical instruments, textile and building materials, fuels, household means of transport that are not required to obtain a number plate (e.g. bicycle), tools.
Generally, the optional household insurance covers the following risk categories:
- Fires, lightning strike, explosion, falling aircraft, parts of aircraft, transported objects, as well as impact with them;
- Collision with vehicles, not property of the policyholder or its family members;
- The effects of the sonic boom created by aircraft breaking the sound barrier;
- Earthquake, including damage produced by fire or explosion triggered by it;
- Flooding/flash-floods/silt originating from the overflow of surface waters (flowing or stagnant) or from the melting of snow or ice, storms/hurricanes/tornadoes, hail/torrential rain, land collapse or landslides, snow avalanches, weight of snow/ice;
- Accidental falling of objects, vandalism, strikes/riots/civil disturbances/terrorism confirmed by the competent authorities;
- Water freezing in pipes and tanks due to the malfunction of heating installations;
- Flooding originating from neighbouring apartments or the following:
– The accidental breaking of water pipes and tanks, the deterioration of taps or other accessories of water installations from the insured household;
– Overflow of sewage or rainwater following the accidental breakage of tubing or the discharge of sewer water, regardless of its origin, from interior or exterior installations;
– The theft of insured goods committed through break-in or acts of robbery.