The insurance policy can be used in any veterinary cabinet or clinic authorised by the Romanian Veterinarians College.
In order to take out the policy for your pet, it will need to meet several conditions:
- Be a cat or dog aged 8 weeks to 13 years;
- Have a microchip installed;
- Possess a health certificate issued by a veterinarian;
- Have its vaccinations up to date.
- There are 4 available cover plans within the insurance policy:
- The insurance premium will be estimated based on the chosen plan, some characteristics of your pet (weight, health condition, medical history), payment frequency of the premium and the insured time period.
Based on the chosen plan, the Perfect PetCover policy covers the following risks:
- Basic: covers the risks of disease and accidents (medical treatment) within the limit of 500 EURO for each;
- Classic: covers the risks of disease and accidents within the limit of 1000 EURO for each and death within 100 EURO;
- Extra: covers the risks of disease – within the limit of 2000 EURO, accidents – 1000 EURO, death – 200 EURO and lodging costs in pet hotels – 50 EURO, limited to 3 days;
- Perfect: covers the risks of disease – within the limit of 2500 EURO, accidents – 2000 EURO, death – 350 EURO, pet lodging – 100 EURO, limited to 6 days, a “second opinion” consultation – 75 EURO, limited to 60 minutes, incineration costs – 100 EURO, publicity and awareness costs related to the loss of the pet – 50 EURO.
Based on the chosen coverage plan, costs related to the following can be covered:
- Medical treatment needed as a consequence of internal surgical diseases and/or caused by parasites;
- Medical investigations, surgical interventions and hospitalisation, specialty tests;
- Medical treatment needed as a consequences of accidents;
- The lodging of the pet in a specialised hotel as a consequence of the hospitalisation of the insured person for a period longer than 3 days or the death of the insured person or his/her partner;
- Compensations for the death of the animal as a consequence of an accident, incineration costs, promotional costs to raise awareness in the case of loss.