The following types of goods can be insured with this policy:
Equipment located on the premises mentioned in the insurance policy (fixed equipment): computers, televisions, refrigerators, freezers, electric ovens, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, sound systems, security systems, spa equipment, ventilation equipment, electricity generators, transformers, heating/cooling systems, industrial equipment, medical equipment, etc;
Equipment placed in any location on the territory of Romania (portable assets): laptops, GPS stations, portable printers, measuring equipment, medical equipment, etc.
- The electronic equipment insurance policy (EEI) is an all risks type of insurance which covers all risks except the exclusions mentioned in the insurance contract.
The EEI policy contains multiple sections:
- Material damage;
- Data and data support;
- Additional operating costs;
- Profit loss.
Generally, the insurer provides compensation for the damage/destruction of the insured goods during the insured period as a consequence of the following risks:
- Fire, explosion, lightning strike;
- Earthquake, landslide/land collapse;
- Atmospheric phenomena: storms, whirlwinds, hurricanes, hail;
- Theft by burglary and robbery;
- Construction errors, material defects, manufacturing defects;
- Electric arcs;
- Power surges;
- Mishandling, operational errors, negligence.