- Although it is not listed as mandatory, the existence of a CMR policy is usually needed in order to obtain an order. Most types of freight can be insured, with the exception of several valuable goods (precious metals, jewelry, art pieces, money).
Besides the general risks of damage and partial or total loss, insurance societies can offer special clauses depending on the client’s needs, such as:
– Loading / unloading;
– Vehicle transportation;
– Insurance of the tractor unit;
– Perishable goods;
– Insurance of the container;
- Damage of the freight (the transporter is liable for the total or partial loss or for the damage to the freight occurring between its reception and release, as well as for delays in release);
- The partial or total loss of the transported freight;
- The damage produced in case of burglary or robbery of the transported goods, as well as the theft of the goods simultaneously with the transporting vehicle, occuring during the transport covered by the insurance policy.